Monday, March 16, 2015

Quick and Simple, Last Minute, Green Snack for St. Patrick's Day

Woop! It's the day before the infamous "green" school holiday and mommy needs a snack idea!!!

Time to call in the Pinterest troops!

Although there were TONS of cute ideas to choose from - I knew that there would already be lots of green cakes, cookies, and treats being brought to my little man's class party tomorrow and quite frankly, I didn't feel like baking!

#aintnobodygottimeforthat

So, here is what I threw together in less than a couple of hours!

First, head to your local grocer and find some yummy green apple sauce! I sprung for the organic, no sugar added, and no extra ingredient brand - because well, that's just how I like to roll! I used Plum Organic Kids Mash Ups Applesauce in plain apple flavor. I mean, the bag was green and all!!! I could have used other brands or even applesauce cups but I didn't want to hassle with providing spoons and napkins too!

I have snagged a link to a quick $1.00 off coupon too!

Next, I took to Pinterest to find a cute little freebie printable that I could attach and make the packet just a bit more festive! Luckily for me, I found the perfect little applesauce related one on The Smashed Peas and Carrots Blog!

Maggie taped her FREE printable labels to the tops of round applesauce cups and it looked super cute!

But, because I went with pouches, I simply trimmed the circles, punched a hole, and strung the tag on with a cute piece of twine!

One and DONE!


Now that I'm feeling all accomplished for this evening I think I'll call it a night! ;)

Until Then....

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Jess! I bet the kids loved them, I know my kids can't get enough of the squeeze pouches!!!
    xo,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete