Thursday, October 17, 2013

#perfectlove

Hey y'all! I don't think I had mentioned as of yet that I am participating in an online Bible study through  Proverbs 31 ministries! However, I did promise in my #manifesto  that you could expect a good mix of topics here on the #hashtaghousewife blog! Anyway, today, as part of the study I am joining up for a blog hop! We are reading and studying "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope. The first few chapters and the book focus on accepting God's #perfectlove.
We all do it... it's the little facade we put on when we walk into a church, because if the congregation knew who we really were they'd wonder why we were there. It's the perfect outfit or hair do because we are fishing for compliments. Compliments that would somehow prove how worthy we are. It's agreeing for the sake of approval. It's giving up on something when the approval doesn't rush in like a flood over night. We look for #perfectlove from everyone and everything but the one place that promises to give it to us no matter who we are or what we do! The One that can see into our heart and past the masks and covers we put on and loves us anyway. That is #perfectlove.
You might be wondering how I seem to know so much about what a person looks like who hasn't taken the gift of #perfectlove yet. I know so much because I am her. I have struggled for a large part of my life with self doubt. Don't we all at some point? No matter how many words of encouragement you may hear or pats on the back you receive if you haven't accepted His flawless love into your heart and believe that you are worthy of it then you can't and won't ever believe others. In a way, I wonder if I have been setting others up for failure all this time?
If you are reading this blog post, then know that you are reading the out pouring of realizations that are not concrete for me yet, that are new within the last 24 hours, that I continue to work with on a day to day, hour to hour basis. I am posting this blog as a concrete piece of evidence that I can reflect on and refer to. Posting it with the belief that I am walking the path that is meant for me, with the belief that whether a thousand people read this or none that I am being true to myself.
Until Then...

3 comments:

  1. This hit me right in the face: "We look for #perfectlove from everyone and everything but the one place that promises to give it to us no matter who we are or what we do!"

    Such truth in that sentence, and in your entire post. How much time and effort do I waste trying to gain love or approval from people who can never consistently provide it? And the whole time, God is sitting there with open arms just waiting to give me exactly what I want. That's a really humbling thought and one I need to keep thinking and praying about. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo girl! You hit the nail on the head when you refered to the facade we put on as we walk into church! I grew up in a very conservative Baptist church where your wore your Sunday best and as the Pistol Annies put it were the "Happy family in the front pew" even though we had a million problems! I have been lucky in my married life to find a church that is much more accepting and really wants to know people for who they really are!
    I really appreciate your honesty and that you admit you are a work in progress! We all are! I look forward to this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The part about walking into church and knowing if they saw who we really were... and getting compliments but never being fulfilled.. Preach it, sister! Thanks for sharing!!
    Lauren, P31 OBS Blog hop team

    ReplyDelete