Tuesday, October 08, 2013

hashtag manifesto

Source
I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing the amount of time that has passed since my last actual blog posting has been upwards of two and a half years. See, I got pregnant with my first child, and throughout the glorious roller coaster ride that is pregnancy and the even more exciting adventure of parenting 101, I somehow lost my sheep er...blogging way.
Have I mentioned that my handsome little man is a mere three and half months away from turning TWO!!! I am the proverbial Sleeping Beauty, except without all that true love's kiss and evil witch business. (Well maybe, but that's a whole other post!) Anyway, I have survived the whirlwind that accompanies any major life change and on this new side I'm feeling more focused and motivated than I have in a very long time.
Speaking of focus, what was the point of this post again? Ah, yes. Manifesto! As a way of getting reacquainted I thought I'd let you know where this blog is headed. I wanted to really put it all out there for ya. But, to be frank, there really isn't a clear cut path to follow here. If you know me, then you know the words focused, intent, and unwavering are typically not associated with my name. But, that's okay because I would like to think curious, surprising, creative, and passionate suit me better anyway. So, that being said... this isn't going to be one of those blogs that ALWAYS posts about crafts, consistently delivers delicious and new recipes, talks about my copious amounts of weight loss with accompanying photographs, or even boasts of my awesome DIY home make overs. Don't get me wrong- the above mentioned are some of the exact types of blogs I read and follow. I heart them! But, it's just not me. For Pete's sake, I was the kid who couldn't pick a favorite color because they all had such great qualities! Basically, there is no specific niche here. Random is my niche! So, here on my blog you can expect to see posts about:

crafts (lurve!)
photography
music
running
cooking/baking
parenting
holidays
home DIY
daily occurrences/happenings
feelings/emotions
and anything else my little heart desires! 

And let's just talk about the name for a minute while we are at it! #hashtag housewife! We have all seen the Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake parody right?!? Hilarious!!! The ol' hashtag is a bit of a tongue and cheek joke amidst my friends and in our household. We think we are quite funny when we verbally say the word hashtag in front of random words---and if we are being honest I bet a lot of you do the same! But in all honesty, that little pound sign (as us old fogies like to call it) is actually pretty handy! So, why not I say! I liked the name! And, I hope you do too! 

So before this post gets too long winded and I've lost you forever or I become distracted by something else, I'll leave you with one final goal that I hope to see achieved throughout this whole process. I am hoping to become a better writer. One that can communicate effectively and clearly, with poignancy and a vocabulary second to none! So, I hope over time we will all be able to look back on this post and see some real growth. 

Oh yea, and I'd like to promise to try and keep it legit here. I don't want to give any of my readers some highlight reel of my life. I want to give you the good, the bad, and the ugly and all that comes in between -- in hopes that keeping it real still has its place...
Until then......

No comments:

Post a Comment