Monday, December 08, 2014

4 Tips for Making an Effective Vision Board

Picture Source
You've had to have heard about them right? Vision boards. The basic idea is that you create a goal list using pictures instead of words. You create a vision for your life that you'd like to work towards, no limits! There is a bit of controversy out there now, some think just the act of making a vision board isn't going to create success. I'm not buying it! There have been too many times in my life where I have written down goals and found that I unconsciously continued to work towards and achieve them even though I often felt like I had gotten VERY off track! But, that being said, it's often not enough just to want, wish, or dream for something! You also have to take action! So, maybe they'd be more appropriately titled Action Boards!?!

Within my private health and wellness accountability groups I often as my challengers to create their own action boards. There are so many great reasons for doing this:

  • to get yourself thinking about what you'd like to achieve. 
  • to identify your vision and give it clarity.
  • to identify areas in which action will be necessary. 
  • to add excitement and anticipation.
  • as a method of focus and accountability. 


Here are some things that vision boards are:

Specific! You are going to have to go deep with me here, but it works! If you say something broad like "I want 2015 to be the best year ever!" that's great, but not specific at all! WHAT would make 2015 the best year? You can't get what you want, if you don't know what you want!

Affirming! When you look at this board you should feel like a success!! Looking at it should fuel your fire to take the steps necessary to achieve that goal! If it doesn't, maybe it's time to reassess!

Fun! Have a good time making it! Go old school with magazines and paper, create one digitally, or use a cork board! It doesn't matter as long as it speaks to you!

Time Specific! Are you creating one for the month, the year, for life? You'll want to have a time frame in mind in order to know what and how long to focus on your specific goals!

The way I see it, you only have something to gain!
Let's get to it!

For more ideas on types of vision boards visit my Pinterest Board!
I'll leave you with a look at my 2015 Action Board made using PicMonkey. If there is any interest in learning how to make one like this let me know in the comments!

Until Then....





1 comment:

  1. Yours is pretty! I just made mine recently after years of prompting from my mentors!

    ReplyDelete