Monday, November 03, 2014

5 Ways to Cure your Halloween Hangover

Source
I don't know about you, but I heart Halloween! I love the decorations and the makeup, the costumes and the parties.....and..... the candy!!! And sometimes, I love the candy just a little toooo much, and it doesn't love me back! In the past, it may have sabotaged all my intentions of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and I'd have found myself right back on my bum, on the road instead of the wagon! Well NOT this year I say! So, in celebration of giving myself some grace and staying true to my goals while enjoying life I decided to stop by today and share a few ways to cure that Halloween Hangover!

#1 Push the Fluids!
Namely, H2O!!! Drinking more than enough water and keeping yourself hydrated allows the body to flush toxins and substances from your system! Experts say you should aim to drink at least half your body weight in oz's!

#2 Get Movin'!
There are lots of options that can get your blood pumping and metabolism burning! Get in a good romp with the kids, hit the gym, strength train, or attend your favorite cardio class! One of my go-to methods, as a stay at home momma, are at home workout DVD's! No need to leave the house and I can be in and out in less than 30 min with some! If you'd like some suggestions let me know!

#3 Toss all the Candy!
If it's in the house, it's easy access. Talk to your kids about getting rid of the candy! If they understand moderation you may be able to choose a zip-lock baggie full and send the rest to hubby's work! Or, share the idea of giving back and donate the bulk of it to the troops! They'd love to get a yummy treat! Have you heard of the Switch Witch? Google her! This one is especially effective for little ones!

#4 Don't Skip a Meal!
You might think in order to compensate for your binge you should deprive yourself of calories here and there. WRONG! Skipping meals or snacks, with the idea that you are cutting calories, can cause you to overeat at the next sitting, and, sends whacky signals to your blood sugar! Stick to small steady meals and snacks throughout the day and you'll be good to go!

#5 Give yourself some GRACE!
Don't allow those negative thoughts to invade your space! Life is about finding the balance! Keep moving forward and leave the buzz kill in the dust! Because, you are SEXY!

Now, lets get busy prepping for Turkey Day!
Until Then...


No comments:

Post a Comment